Quick & Easy
Edit the terms in the box below then click the generate button. You can separate terms with commas or line breaks. Bookmark the resulting page (Ctrl + D) to re-use it.
Frequently Asked Questions
What happened to the spreadsheet version of Word Search?
- The Google Sheets version of Word Search was affected by Google's August, 2021 security upgrade. It will be available here once the code is re-written to make it functional again.
How can I play my Word Search online?
- Wordsearches are designed to be printed, not played online.
Can I use pictures as clues?
- Yes, just paste the URL (address) of a picture you find on the web in the appropriate cell.
- URLs must end in ".gif", ".png", ".jpg", ".jpeg", or ".webp".
- You cannot use Google Drive to store your images.
- You can use Google Drawings. Use the "Publish to the web…" link.
- Images are automatically resized.
- (Be sure you have the legal right to use each image.)
Are there any options?
- On the Options tab you can control:
- the direction of the words: Horizontal, Vertical, Diagonal and Backwards
- the fill characters used