Want to Make Your Own Word Scramble?
Step 1: Modify the Google Spreadsheet Template
- Make a copy of this template. (You'll need to sign-in with your Google account.)
- Edit the words.
- To add a final phrase challenge at the bottom of your word scramble, type a hashtag (#) at the beginning of any entry.
- Label your word scramble by changing the name of the worksheet (at the bottom).
- Do not edit any cell with a blue background.
Step 2: Publish Your Spreadsheet
- Go to File, Publish to the Web
, then click Publish.
Step 3: Get Your Flippity.net Link
- Click on the Get the Link Here tab of the template (at the bottom).
- Click on the Flippity.net link to see and print out your word scramble.
- Press the reload button to re-scramble the words.
- Press the key button to see and print the answer key.
Step 4: Bookmark and Share
- Bookmark the page to find it again quickly.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can Word Scramble be played online?
- Word scrambles are designed to be printed, not completed online.
Just how scrambled will each word get?
- Scrambling is truly random which means there's a slim chance that a word could end up unchanged. If this happens just press the reload button to re-scramble.
- Flippity has been programmed to ensure scrambled words don't incidentally create profanity.