Want to Make Your Own Tournament Bracket?
Step 1: Modify the Google Spreadsheet Template
- Make a copy of this template. (You'll need to sign-in with your Google account.)
- Edit the Competitors.
- You may use anywhere from 4 to 64 competitors.
- Byes will automatically be added to fill up 4, 8, 16, 32, or 64-competitor brackets.
- Change the title of your tournament by changing the name of the worksheet (at the bottom).
- Do not edit any cell with a blue background.
Step 2: Publish Your Spreadsheet
- Go to File, Publish to the Web
, then click Publish.
Step 3: Get Your Flippity.net Link
- Click on the Get the Link Here tab of the template (at the bottom).
- Click on the Flippity.net link to use your tournament bracket.
- Click on a competitor to advance them to the next round. Ctrl + click a competitor to clear.
- If you entered the strongest competitors at the top of your spreadsheet, press "Seed Bracket" to automatically match high-seeds against low-seeds. This ensures the most competitive matches will occur at the end of the tournament.
- Press "Randomize Bracket" to randomize the match-ups.
- Press "Reload" to return the bracket to the original order.
Step 4: Bookmark and Share
- Bookmark the page to find it again quickly.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I make an NCAA March Madness tournament bracket?
- Yes, but you cannot use more than 64 teams so you won't be able to show the "First Four." Remember that the NCAA bracket is already seeded, so just enter the teams in order and don't press "Seed Bracket."
Can I save my progress?
- Sorry, no. You'll need to complete your tournanment in one session or re-create the results each time you load the page.
- (If you randomize the competitors you won't have any way of recreating those match-ups again later.)
Can I use pictures in my bracket?
- Yes, just paste the URL (address) of a picture you find on the web in the appropriate cell.