Want to Make Your Own Fun With Words List?
Step 1: Modify the Google Spreadsheet Template
- Make a copy of this template. (You'll need to sign-in with your Google account.)
- Edit the words in the Col1 column. Enter as many as you wish.
- Label your list by changing the name of the worksheet (at the bottom).
- Do not edit any cell with a blue background.
Step 2: Publish Your Spreadsheet
- Go to File, Publish to the Web
, then click Publish.
Step 3: Get Your Flippity.net Link
- Click on the Get the Link Here tab of the template (at the bottom).
- Click on the Flippity.net link to view and/or print your words.
Step 4: Bookmark and Share
- Bookmark the page to find it again quickly.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why aren't some characters showing up?
- Some characters don't have a corresponding Fun With Words image. In those cases the character won't show up or will be substituted with a blank.
- Lowercase letters are converted to uppercase letters.
- Most accented characters will be substituted for non-accented versions.
- Here are the font sets:
- Nature: ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ0123456789,.!?
- ASL: ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ0123456789
- Blocks: ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ0123456789-+=
- Keyboard: ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ0123456789,.
- LED: ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ 0123456789-+*/
- Lego: ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ 0123456789,.!?:+-=
- License Plates: ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ 0123456789
- Sand: ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ 0123456789,.!?
- Scrabble: ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
- Signs: ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ0123456789
- Video Game: ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ0123456789
How can I get everything to print the way I want it?
- For best results, adjust the Layout (portrait / landscape) and Scale settings in your browser's print menu before you print.
- You may also want to make sure that Background graphics are set to print:
How does License Plates work?
- License plate text is limited to 8 characters.
- Unless otherwise specified, license plate colors are generated randomly.
- You can customize license plate colors as well as add text above and below the main text of the plate by using the extra columns in the spreadsheet:
- Col1 = main text
- Col2 = font color
- Col3 = background color
- Col4 = text at the top of the plate
- Col5 = text at the bottom of the plate
- Here is an example of all 50 U.S. states and here is the template.
- You can use HTML color codes or names to specify colors.
How can I save images of my words?
- The best way to save Fun With Words imagery is to screenshot it.
How can I customize Fun With Words by using my own images?
Why does the template have multiple columns?
- Columns 2-5 are used to customize License Plates.