Step 1: Modify the Google Sheet Template
- Make a copy of this template. (You'll need to sign-in with your Google account.)
- Edit the Side1 and Side2 text. Enter as many terms as you want.
- Choose from red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and purple for card and text colors. Leave color options blank for black text on white cards.
- Name your set of flashcards by changing the name of the worksheet (at the bottom).
- Do not edit any cell with a blue background.
Step 2: Publish Your Spreadsheet
- Go to File, Publish to the Web
, then click Publish.
Step 3: Get Your Flippity.net Link
- Click on the Get the Link Here tab of the template (at the bottom).
- Click on the Flippity.net link to view your Flippity flashcards.
Step 4: Bookmark and Share
- Bookmark the page to find it again quickly.
- Share the Flippity.net link with anyone you want to view your flashcards.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I make changes to my cards?
- Make sure Automatically republish when changes are made is checked, then go ahead and make changes to your Google Spreadsheet.
- Your changes will automatically be reflected in the Flippity Flashcards, no need to get a new link.
What if I want to delete my flashcards?
- Simply click Stop publishing under File, Publish to the Web…
- Or delete your spreadsheet altogether.
How do I get the audio to work?
- Select the appropriate spoken language in cells A2 and B2 on the template.
- Audio will only work in Google Chrome and in Safari on iOS (iPhones and iPads). Voices and pronunciation may vary.
How do I get pictures on the cards?
- Just paste the URL (address) of a picture you find on the web in the appropriate cell.
- URLs must end in ".gif", ".png", ".jpg", ".jpeg", or ".webp".
- You cannot use Google Drive to store your images.
- You can use Google Drawings. Use the "Publish to the web…" link.
- Images are automatically resized to 220 pixels high.
- Smaller images load quicker.
How do I embed YouTube videos?
- Simply paste the YouTube "Share this video" link in the appropriate cell.
Can I use EquatIO to add math equations to my flashcards?
- Yes, but after you insert your equation images into the spreadsheet, you'll need to make a few changes:
- E.g. change =IMAGE("https://equatio-api.texthelp.com/svg/%5Cfrac%7B3%7D%7Bx-2%7D") to
- Tip: Once you have inserted all your EquatIO equations, use Find/Replace to remove all instances of
=IMAGE(" and ")
- EquatIO Flashcards Demo
- EquatIO Flashcards Demo Template
Can I use Desmos graphs in my flashcards?
- Yes, just paste the Desmos share link in the appropriate cell.
Can I embed my own audio recordings?
- Yes, by using Vocaroo.com.
- Record or upload your audio and click "Save."
- Copy the link you see under "Sharing options" and paste it in the appropriate cell.
- (The link should look like this: https://vocaroo.com/i/s0hjIx1Etnc9.)
- (Vocaroo recordings expire after a few months.)
Can I modify the text on my cards in any way?
- You may include basic HTML tags (but incorrect coding may cause problems).
- (W3schools has many great tutorials on HTML, including how to make links.)
Is there a way to print out my flashcards?
- You can print out a list of your flashcard terms, but It's nearly impossible to generate a double-sided document that properly matches up the terms front to back.