Is Flippity free to use?
- Yes, but some features are supported by ads. (See below)
- The Flippity website, including the underlying code, is copyrighted. All rights reserved.
Will Flippity work on any computer?
- It's been tested on Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, and Microsoft Edge on a variety of computers, tablets, and phones.
- (Some audio features require using Google Chrome or Safari on iOS.)
Is there a Flippity app?
- No, but you don't need one. Flippity works on smartphone web browsers.
- (A good QR code reader app will help people find your flashcards, spelling words, badge trackers, etc.)
Does Flippity work without an internet connection?
sort of. Once they are loaded, most pages no longer require a connection.
- You can save a local copy (which you can later open offline) from most browsers by pressing Control + S.
- You can also use apps like Offline Reader (iOS) and Save This Page (Android) for mobile devices.
- (Images, fonts, and videos may not display properly without an internet connection.)
How do I insert images?
- Read the instructions for the template you're using. Different templates have different methods of incorporating images.
- If you're having trouble with images, see Troubleshooting.
Why isn't Flippity working for me?
Is Flippity secure?
- Yes. Flippity has an industry standard SSL (Secure Socket Layer) certificate which means the connection between the web browser and the Flippity web server is securely encrypted as long as the web address begins with "https" rather than "http." When SSL is functioning your web browser will indicate it with the word "secure" or a lock icon in the address bar.
- Flippity can also function with a non-secure (http) connection.
- If you import/embed non-secure content into a Flippity template (such as a link to an image on a website beginning with "http") your web browser will indicate the connection is not secure or not completely secure.
Are my Flippity spreadsheets private?
- Technically, no, but keep reading…
- Once you've published a Google spreadsheet the data is publicly available to anyone who types that URL into their web browser. However, the odds of anyone correctly guessing the 44-character key in the middle of your URL is approximately one in three followed by 79 zeros. It would be significantly easier for someone to guess the password to your email account. Flippity uses the same 44-character key in its URLs.
- How many people know the link to your Flippity templates is entirely dependent on how widely you publicize them. No one else has any way of knowing they exist.
- If you stop publishing your spreadsheet or delete it altogether, the Flippity link will cease to function.
Is there some sort of premium account? Can I block the ads?
- There are no special accounts available for teachers or students.
- Before asking about blocking ads, please consider the following:
- Ad revenue allows Flippity to be free and also allows for its continued maintenance, upkeep, and improvement.
- Ads are the easiest and most efficient way of generating revenue. No need for subscriptions, payment processing, or creating student accounts.
- Flippity has a limited number of ads designed to have minimal negative impact.
- Flippity ad settings are tailored to be appropriate for young audiences. Categories such as gambling, dating, sex, drugs, and alcohol are blocked.
How do I contact you?