Quick & Easy
Edit the terms in the box below then click the generate button. You can separate terms with commas or line breaks. Bookmark the resulting page (Ctrl + D) to re-use it.
Frequently Asked Questions
What happened to the spreadsheet version of Connecto?
- The Google Sheets version of Connecto was affected by Google's August, 2021 security upgrade. It will be available here once the code is re-written to make it functional again.
How is Connecto played?
- Connecto is designed to be played like Connect 4 or Tic-Tac-Toe (Noughts and Crosses). The goal is to be the the first person (or team) to claim three or four squares in a row, horizontally, vertically, or diagonally.
- Like the game show Hollywood Squares, players choose a square then must correctly answer a question (or perform a task) in order to claim that square.
- Flippity has a "gravity" option which can be turned on to force players to select the lowest square in each column (as in Connect 4), or turned off to allow players to pick any square (as in Tic-Tac-Toe).
- The size of the grid, the number of squares in a row needed to win, and other rules of the game are entirely up to the teacher. Flippity will not stop or declare a winner at any point.
- Prompts do not correspond to particular squares. Prompts are randomly presented. When all prompts have been shown, they are shuffled and re-used.