Is the Flippity Website Accessible?
While every Flippity activity is different and it is very difficult to support all possible technology accommodations across every platform/browser/device, Flippity activities are generally designed to be accessible.
- Clean, valid, accessible HTML and CSS code
- Simple, clean, high-contrast, legible layouts
- Clear navigation and intuitive icons
- Extensive use of ALT and TITLE tags so users know what they are clicking on
- Limited use of text-based navigation (for non-English speakers)
- Keyboard shortcuts where appropriate
Teachers would also do well to think about accessibility when choosing content and building their activities.
If you have a specific question, concern, or suggestion please contact Flippity.