Want to Make Your Own Word Search?
Step 1: Modify the Google Spreadsheet Template
- Make a copy of this template. (You'll need to sign-in with your Google account.)
- Edit the Words. The more terms you use, the less likely it is that your word search will fit onto one printed page. (The Clues column is optional.)
- Enter as many words as you wish, but the more you use, the less likely the word search will fit on one page.
- Label your word search puzzle by changing the name of the worksheet (at the bottom).
- Do not edit any cell with a blue background. Do not change the order of the worksheets (tabs).
Step 2: Publish Your Spreadsheet
- Go to File, Publish to the Web
, then click Publish.
Step 3: Get Your Flippity.net Link
- Click on the Get the Link Here tab of the template (at the bottom).
- Click on the Flippity.net link to see and print out your word search puzzle.
- Press the reload button to generate different configurations.
- Press the key button to see and print the answer key.
Step 4: Bookmark and Share
- Bookmark the page to find it again quickly.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I play my Word Search online?
- Wordsearches are designed to be printed, not played online.
Can I use pictures as clues?
- Yes, just paste the URL (address) of a picture you find on the web in the appropriate cell.
- URLs must end in ".gif", ".png", ".jpg", or ".jpeg".
- You cannot use Google Drive to store your images.
- You can use Google Drawings. Use the "Publish to the web…" link.
- Images are automatically resized.
- (Be sure you have the legal right to use each image.)
Are there any options?
- You can control the direction of the words on the Options tab: Horizontal, Vertical, Diagonal and Backwards.