Want to Make Your Own Spelling Words Manager?
Note: Works with Google Chrome and iOS for iPhone/iPad.
Step 1: Modify the Google Spreadsheet Template
- Make a copy of this template. (You'll need to sign-in with your Google account.)
- Edit the Student names. You can have up to 50 lists.
- Edit the Words lists.
- Add a phrase in quotes to clarify homonyms.
- Note: Practice and Quizzes are case-sensitive.
- Optional: Add an email address in the Email Results to line to automatically receive quiz results.
- You can use multiple email addresses separated by commas.
- (Be sure you can receive emails from firstname.lastname@example.org.)
- Label your spelling words by changing the name of the worksheet (at the bottom).
- Do not edit any cell with a blue background. Do not change the order of the worksheets (tabs).
Step 2: Publish Your Spreadsheet
- Go to File, Publish to the Web
, then click Publish.
Step 3: Get Your Flippity.net Link
- Click on the Get the Link Here tab of the template (at the bottom).
- Click on the Flippity.net link to see, practice, or take a quiz on your spelling words.
- Use the Quiz Only link to prevent students from accessing the List or Practice tabs.
Step 4: Bookmark and Share
- Bookmark the page to find it again quickly.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are there any options?
- You can change the language and/or accent on the Options tab as well as the speech rate.
- Minimum speech rate is 0.1 (slow)
- Maximum speech rate is 2 (fast)