Want to Make Your Own Mix & Match Grid?
Step 1: Modify the Google Spreadsheet Template
- Make a copy of this template. (You'll need to sign-in with your Google account.)
- Edit the column headings in row 2.
- Create lists of words, names, phrases, etc. you want randomly mixed up under the column headings.
- You may use up to 10 columns.
- The number of items in Column 1 determines the number of rows you'll see on the Mix & Match grid.
- If you have fewer items in Columns 2-9, items will be repeated to fill in the grid.
- If you have more items in Columns 2-9, items will be randomly selected.
- Label your Mix & Match grid by changing the name of the worksheet (at the bottom).
- Do not edit any cell with a blue background.
Step 2: Publish Your Spreadsheet
- Go to File, Publish to the Web
, then click Publish.
Step 3: Get Your Flippity.net Link
- Click on the Get the Link Here tab of the template (at the bottom).
- Click on the Flippity.net link to view your Flippity Mix & Match grid.
Step 4: Bookmark and Share
- Bookmark the page to find it again quickly.
- Share the Flippity.net link with anyone you want to use the grid.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I mix and match images?
- Just paste the URL (address) of a picture you find on the web in the appropriate cell.
- URLs must end in ".gif", ".png", ".jpg", or ".jpeg".
- You cannot use Google Drive to store your images.
- You can use Google Drawings. Use the "Publish to the web…" link.
- Images are automatically resized to 100 pixels high.
- Smaller images load quicker.
- (Be sure you have the legal right to use each image.)