Want to Make Your Own Fun With Words List?
Step 1: Modify the Google Spreadsheet Template
- Make a copy of this template. (You'll need to sign-in with your Google account.)
- Edit the words in the Col1 column. Enter as many as you wish.
- Label your list by changing the name of the worksheet (at the bottom).
- Do not edit any cell with a blue background.
Step 2: Publish Your Spreadsheet
- Go to File, Publish to the Web
, then click Publish.
Step 3: Get Your Flippity.net Link
- Click on the Get the Link Here tab of the template (at the bottom).
- Click on the Flippity.net link to view and/or print your words.
Step 4: Bookmark and Share
- Bookmark the page to find it again quickly.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why aren't some characters showing up?
- Some characters don't have a corresponding Fun With Words image. In those cases the character won't show up or will be substituted with a blank.
- Lowercase letters are converted to uppercase letters.
- Most accented characters will be substituted for non-accented versions.
- Here are the font sets:
- Nature: ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ0123456789,.!?
- Signs: ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
- Blocks: ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ0123456789-+=
- Lego: ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ 0123456789,.!?
- Scrabble: ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
- ASL: ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
- Sand: ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ 0123456789,.!?
How can I get everything to fit when I print?
- For best results, adjust the Layout (portrait / landscape) and Scale settings in your browser's print menu before you print.
How can I save images of my words?
- The best way to save Fun With Words imagery is to screenshot it.
How can I customize Fun With Words by using my own images?
Why does the template have multiple columns?
- The additional columns serve no purpose now, but may be useful for future expansion.