Want to Make Your Own Certificate Quiz?
Step 1: Modify the Google Spreadsheet Template
- Make a copy of this template. (You'll need to sign-in with your Google account.)
- Edit the Quiz Questions.
- Click the Options tab at the bottom of the template to change the quiz settings.
Step 2: Publish Your Spreadsheet
- Go to File, Publish to the Web
, then click Publish.
Step 3: Get Your Flippity.net Link
- Click on the Get the Link Here tab of the template (at the bottom).
- Click on the Flippity.net link to test out your quiz.
Step 4: Bookmark and Share
- Share the Flippity.net link with anyone you want to earn your certificate.
- Tell your friends and colleagues about Flippity.net.
How do I write my certificate quiz?
- In the Type column type a Q to specify a question. In the adjacent Text column type your question.
- Below each question type an A in the Type column to specify a multiple-choice answer option. In the adjacent Text column type your answer choice.
- You may have as many answer options as you want for each question.
- You need a minimum of one answer option for each question.
- Type an asterisk (*) next to the A in the Type column to specify the correct answer.
- Each question must have one, and only one, correct answer.
- Repeat the process for each additional question.
How do I use pictures in my certificate quiz?
- In the appropriate cell, type [[Image: followed by the URL (address) of a picture you find on the web followed by ]].
- e.g. [[Image:http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/f0/Cheers_intro_logo.jpg]]
- You may include text before or after the image.
- Images are automatically resized to 200 pixels high for questions and 100 pixels high for answer options.
- Smaller images load quicker.
- (Be sure you have the legal right to use each image.)
How do I use YouTube videos in my certificate quiz?
- In the appropriate cell, type [[ followed by YouTube's "Share this video" link followed by ]].
- e.g. [[http://youtu.be/kwFvJog2dMw]]
- You may include text before or after the video.
How many questions can I have in my certificate quiz?
- Theoretically there is no limit, but the more questions you have the slower it will load and the more likely you are to run into trouble.
- (You should be able to give a 50 question quiz without problems.)
How do I change the certificate quiz settings?
- Click on the Options tab at the bottom of the spreadsheet.
- Change the quiz name to whatever you'd like your certificate to be called.
- Enter yes in shuffle questions if you'd like the questions to be in random order. Type no if you want them to be in the same order you wrote them.
- Enter yes in shuffle choices if you'd like the multiple-choice options for each question to be in random order. Type no if you want them to be in the same order you wrote them.
- Don't use shuffle if any of your options say "all of the above."
- If you want users to be able to submit their results to you via email, enter yes next to email results.
- Enter the name you want users to see next to email name.
- Enter your email address next to email address you want the results sent to.
- Check your spam filter.
- Be sure you can receive messages from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The email results feature is still experimental and may not work. Don't rely on it for something important like a high-stakes assessment.
How do I make changes to my certificate quiz?
- Make sure Automatically republish when changes are made is checked, then go ahead and make changes to your Google Spreadsheet.
- Your changes will automatically be reflected, no need to get a new link.